Marketing has forever changed with the advent of technology and the internet. In order to stay competitive, you have to have an active, current online presence.
There are many examples of businesses today that no longer exist because they refused to market online.
Smart marketers know you have to go where your potential customers are to increase brand awareness, generate leads and produce sales. It’s no surprise that people today are online twice as much as they were 12 years ago. (Pew Research)
Here are several other statistics from Pew Research studies about online shopping behavior:
- 81% of shoppers conduct online research before making a purchase – even if they end up making an in-store purchase
- 84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation
- 90% of consumers read less than 10 reviews before making a decision
- There are 211 million digital shoppers in the U.S.
- 64% of buyers prefer to make their final purchases at a brick-and-mortar store
The reality is that, in order to succeed, almost all businesses today need digital marketing.