Facebook is arguably the best online advertising platform on the planet. As a small business, if you are not using Facebook advertising capabilities, you are losing out.
1. Facebook offers incredible value.
- 2 billion people use Facebook every month
- 1.57 billion users access Facebook via a mobile device
- On average, Like and Share buttons are viewed on 10 million website daily, which expands your reach beyond the platform itself
- 1 in 5 page views in the U.S. occurs on Facebook, giving you a huge market on the web
- There are more monthly users on Facebook than on WhatsApp, Twitter and Instagram combined
(Statistics from Facebook as of August 2017)
2. The targeting options in Facebook are insane.
You can target:
- location (as granular as zip code)
- demographics (i.e. homeowners, income, education)
- what people share on their timelines
- apps they use
- ads they click
- pages they engage in
- activities people engage in such as device usage, purchase behaviors, intents, travel preferences, etc.
- mobile device and the speed of their network connection
- connections (how they are connected to your business)
3. The Facebook ads algorithm is getting smarter every day
The Facebook ad algorithm is a guarded secret, but we know it is getting better every day. For example, it limits the frequency of how often an ad will be shown to a particular individual, where the person will view the ad, on what device they will be shown the ad, and based on their data, the Facebook algorithm is able to calculate an estimation of who will most likely open your ad and click on it. It can pretty accurately estimate the likelihood of the following results for your ad.
- App installs
- Event responses
- Offer claims
- Offsite conversions
- Page engagements
- Page Likes
- Video views
4. You can choose to boost a Facebook post or run a dark ad.
- Sometimes you will want to boost a post that you publish on your Facebook Business Page, which increases the likelihood that people will see your newsfeed and want to follow you.
- Sometimes (most of the time) you will want to run a “dark ad” which means it does not publish on your Facebook Business Page. The advantage of a dark post is that you don’t continually bother your followers with the same ad. Plus, it seems that dark ads tend to perform better.
5. Facebook ads manager is easy to use.
Facebook has made the platform very easy to understand and use, and you don’t need to know how to code. Facebook Ads Manager is very user-friendly and if you want to dive deeper into your campaigns Power Editor is a great tool.
6. Facebook Ads are perfect for small business budgets.
- For only $5 per day, you will get your ad in front of 20,000 people in your target audience in a month.
Facebook is the most popular social media site in the world. Through advertising on its platform, you can quickly and easily reach this audience. As with any advertising campaign, you can lose money if you make a misstep. But if you follow best practices, or hire a Certified Traffic Acquisition Master, you will be in a better position to succeed.
If you liked this blog post, contact Vibrant Digital VA today to find out how we can help your business grow using the power of Facebook!